WELCOME to PICO ARMOR!
PicoArmor is a website dedicated to war gaming at the 1/600 scale. We are offering Oddzial Osmy (O8) miniatures and our 3mm buildings as leading products. We also carry Brigade Models excellent 'Small Scale Scenery' line of 2mm (1/900 scale) buildings that blend in very nicely on the gaming table as towns and villages with the 3mm miniatures.
New September Releases from O8 are HERE!
The new September O8 releases arrived today. Check out the New Products section to see what is coming.
New Decal Stock is IN!!!
We finally received new stock of many decals that have been unavailable for the past 10 months!
Restock of Brigade Models terrain arrived
We received a new shipment of items from Brigade Models. All of the items in our listing are now back in stock.
Pico will be one of the on-site vendors at three conventions this year. We will be at Little Wars (listed under GamesPlus), Historicon, and What Khan. The dates and locations are listed below:
What Khan Oct. 21 - 23 @ Rockford, IL
UPDATE: Due to schedule conflicts with real life, Pico will not be able to make it to What Khan this year. Our apologies to those who were hoping to do some stocking up. However, we encourage everyone in the IL-WI area to get over to what is becoming a great regional convention!
Pico has a Facebook page that you can access! The address is: www.facebook.com/picoarmor. Please join us there and post up any photos or comments you would like to share! Thanks!!
Less Than Pack Price Changes
Due to the growing volume of orders for less than pack quantities and the increased time and labor required to put them together, we have had to raise the pricing for these. With the price changes we also had to drop some categories of less than pack as well. We regret this change but could no longer offer this service at the old rates.
Out of Stock
We are currently sold out of the following item(s):
Terrain: PT-2-HS-10c (Monopoly houses with chimney)
Decals: GB-600-3 (British Type B Roundel)
Shipping Charge Changes
Due to the last four postal service increases, we have had to finally increase some of our shipping & handling charges. We have attempted to keep these to a minimum. Also note that the break point for free shipping has also risen - $75 for domestic and $150 for international. Our apologies for these necessities.
Hussari, 15mm Si-Fi
Some of you have been asking about what the new Hussari figures in the 15mm Si-Fi line represent. I checked with Marcin, stating that I assumed they were an interpretation of the Polish Winged Hussars, and this is what he sent back:
"The Hussari indeed have their roots in the look of the Winged Hussars from the XVII Century. They are designed as a heavy assault infantry unit cooperating sometimes with NVL light infantry. I had nothing specific in mind when making the wings. They can be force field generators, part of a decoy system, a kind of jump-pack, or just there for a cool look."
Looks like you are all free to interpret the "wings" freely as to how you utlize them in your gaming. Enjoy! Also, there are more Hussari figures coming up in the future.
Due to the ongoing and inconsiderate intrusion of real life distractors we remain planning additional expansion of the web site but not quite able to complete the projects. Please bear with us.
- Updates to the links page as some of you have noted several are no longer functional.
- Hoping to see the photo gallery back up at long last by the end of the year with lots of old and new pictures.
- John S. continues to hope to post up a couple of tutorials on painting and basing the O8 minis.
- Trimming Sprues. We often receive questions about the material used in the casting of the O8 line of miniatures. Marcin uses an aluminum-zinc alloy for these. It tends to be much harder than what many makers use. Consequently they can be brittle and gun barrels will sometimes snap off when you try to remove sprews and flashing.
We recommend the use of actual wire snips to do this. For those with access, the model we use is the Sears Craftsman 45660 Professional. We get good clean cuts with it.
- Web Oddities. We continue to find odds and ends of data that get garbled as work is done to the web site. We have catch some of these things but not always. If you find items that are missing information or have something that does not make sense, please let us know so we can update it properly.
- The Johns
Updated: 21 Sep 2016