WELCOME to PICO ARMOR!
PicoArmor is a website dedicated to war gaming at the 1/600 scale. We are offering Oddzial Osmy (O8) miniatures and our 3mm buildings as leading products. We also carry Brigade Models excellent line of 2mm buildings and terrain that blend in very nicely on the gaming table with the 3mm miniatures.
New February Releases Are Here!
The February set of new releases arrived. Please check out the New Products section to see what came in.
Unfortunately due to the large number of pre-orders, we are already out or very low on some of these items. Please check the product listing as to their stock status. Sorry!
Pico Armor will be on site as a vendor at Little Wars and Historicon this year. Please note that we will not appear on the listing for Little Wars as we will be sharing space with our local retailer Games Plus as we have done the past few years.
Little Wars: 24 - 26 April @ DuPage Expo Center, 4050 E. Main Street, St. Charles, IL 60174
Historicon: 16 - 19 July @ Fredericksburg Expo & Convention Center, 2371 Carl D. Silver Parkway, Fredericksburg, VA 22401
Back in Stock
We received new stock of the CY6 books for Jet Age rules and the Air War Korea scenario books.
We received new stock of the various decals that we have been out of - Soviet Red Stars, early German Balkenkrauz, and others. Everything listed is now back on hand.
Out of Stock
We have just run out of item SSS-8050 (ACW Buildings). More stock is ordered but is currently missing in transit. As soon as they come in, we will post an update here.
Item NAP-604 (Infantry - shako - command) is out. It will be early April before new packs arrive.
We continnue to be out of a number of base sizes and are working on a large order. Unfortunately it may not be until late April or May before we have new stock in hand.
Hussari, 15mm Si-Fi
Some of you have been asking about what the new Hussari figures in the 15mm Si-Fi line represent. I checked with Marcin, stating that I assumed they were an interpretation of the Polish Winged Hussars, and this is what he sent back:
"The Hussari indeed have their roots in the look of the Winged Hussars from the XVII Century. They are designed as a heavy assault infantry unit cooperating sometimes with NVL light infantry. I had nothing specific in mind when making the wings. They can be force field generators, part of a decoy system, a kind of jump-pack, or just there for a cool look."
Looks like you are all free to interpret the "wings" freely as to how you utlize them in your gaming. Enjoy! Also, there are more Hussari figures coming up in the future.
Due to the ongoing and inconsiderate intrusion of real life distractors we remain planning additional expansion of the web site but not quite able to complete the projects. Please bear with us.
- Updates to the links page as some of you have noted several are no longer functional.
- Hoping to see the photo gallery back up at long last by the end of the year with lots of old and new pictures.
- John S. continues to hope to post up a couple of tutorials on painting and basing the O8 minis.
- Trimming Sprues. We often receive questions about the material used in the casting of the O8 line of miniatures. Marcin uses an aluminum-zinc alloy for these. It tends to be much harder than what many makers use. Consequently they can be brittle and gun barrels will sometimes snap off when you try to remove sprews and flashing. We recommend the use of actual wire snips to do this. For those with access, the model we use is the Sears Craftsman 45660 Professional. We get good clean cuts with it.
- Web Oddities. We continue to find odds and ends of data that get garbled as work is done to the web site. We have catch some of these things but not always. If you find items that are missing information or have something that does not make sense, please let us know so we can update it properly.
- The Johns
Updated: 30 March 2015