The FV601 Saladin is a six-wheeled armoured car developed by Crossley Motors and later manufactured by Alvis. Designed in 1954, it replaced the AEC Armoured Car in service with the British Army from 1958 onward. The vehicle weighed eleven metric tonnes, offered a top speed of 72 km/h, and had a crew of three. Saladins were noted for their excellent performance in desert conditions, and found favour with a number of Middle Eastern armies accordingly. They were armed with a 76mm low-pressure smoothbore cannon which fired the same ammunition as that mounted on the FV101 Scorpion.
Additional Information: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alvis_Saladin